28 July 2008

Who are you? Where have you been?

Thanks for asking!

I am currently in work, it is thundering and raining after 4 or 5 days of head in the mid to high 80's. I thought I was going to spontanously combust! It was certainly too hot for knitting with wool.

I haven't posted in a while because I guess I have been busy. The mood in our house has been terrible, starting last weekend when we had no time to ourselves, Morven has a project on at work that he isn't enjoying and it shows! We have come to the realisation that we both need a change, and also that we need to both save money with each others support. There will be no 'Oh yeah, buy that, its only cheap' or 'Ok, buy it just this once'. We need to not buy anything, and we are doing ok.

I however did spend money on a new training course. I will tell you more about it when I start it, but its a training at home course and I will sit exams either early 2009 or mid 2009, depending on how much work I do. Time is tight as we don't get home until around 7:30 most nights and we need to eat, shower and go to bed before 11 (in theory!)

The mood has improved over the weekend anyway and hopefully it will stay happy.

So i took advantage of the weather and dyed up some wool for spinning, still no spinning though. I am about a quarter through the second sleeve for my Samus, and im hoping to make some progress tonight. I am having real trouble finding a 20 or 21in heavyweight (chunky plastic or brass teeth) seperating zipper in cream. Anyone know where I can find one? I may email Brynne to see where she got the original. Right now I dont need the sweater so I have a few weeks to find one.

I need to bake a coffee and walnut cake but again its been too hot. I will finally cook a meal today though in the form of pasta with pesto and roast vegetables. Maybe.

No comments: