These are some of the singles I had a go at. I only have one bobbin so these are wound onto tubes for easy plying. From left to right I think thats some natural australian merino. The middle is some random wool which I had to card and make into rolags, and the right is some cream corridale and at the back its the same as the middle, carded with some of the cream corridale.
I made Morven a Space Invader - pattern here I used some Caron Simply Soft, which I got in a swap last year, maybe the year before.
And this is what I bought yesterday. My second yarn purchase this year. The first was the Regia for my TT socks, and this is some Patons Jet. Half alpaca, half wool, and I got it to make Morven some fingerless gloves because his hands are always cold when we drive to work in the morning. I got the squeezy paint stuff to put on the palms so they dont slip on the steering wheel, and I picked up a couple of row counters because I didn't have any, and I thought they would come in handy. Im going to sort of follow the pattern for the Beer Gloves in the Son of Stitch n Bitch book. The gauge is way off though, so im going to make the cable narrower, and obviously cast on a completely different number of stitches. Im trying not to buy yarn for the hell of it this year. The Regia is because I did't have any nice sock yarn in my stash, and I had a voucher, and this stuff was on sale, and £1.99 ($4 ish) for alpaca/wool is really good. I just hope 78m a ball is enough, but I can always do black fingers. I like making things for Morven, except the binary scarf, which is boring and taking too long. Its nice to knit for others because I have a goal. I don't usually care so much when I knit for myself, which is why my shrug/cardi hasn't been touched for a couple of weeks. I know I will pick it up again soon, which is more than I can say for Arisaig.