17 September 2010

For the sake of Procrastination...

and to stop me being sad and miserable, I thought I might as well write something here about whats going on with me. Firstly I am rather happy that a new yarn store has opened here. Its all posh yarn which for some reason, despite it being the UK's 'Second City', Birmingham has lacked for a long time. So as I had met Alice at SnB a few times, I have supported her new venture on a couple of occasions so far and I hope to do more in the future, including maybe making shop samples in return for yarn? Its always a possibility if she wants to go with it.

So I bought some Old Maiden Aunt yarn to make my mum a cowl for Christmas, and when the Malabrigo arrives in the next few weeks (customs pending) I will get a couple of balls to make my sister her Christmas hat.

I have talked to my mum almost every day this week, which considering I have talked to her for a total of about an hour in the last 6 months, is quite a difference. I guess I have been sad for a while, and therefore I didn't really want to talk to her because she KNOWS and I suppose I didn't want her to worry.

I have had a good chat with Dan, although further chats are required, and I feel marginally better about stuff. It was the right thing to do and we don't really know if its a permanent thing, but we cannot promise each other that when we are both sorted out in ourselves that we will still want to be together. I dont know what he is going to do to sort himself out but I am going to sign up for some councelling to help me work out why I feel so pointless and empty sometimes. I need a direction and I need to do more for myself and I need help figuring myself out, so I am going to phone a councellor that I found online and have a chat to see if its the right way forward for me. In the meantime, I really need to crack on with my final assignment. It is due in in 3 weeks and my tutorial is on Monday. I am going out for a film and cocktails tomorrow night so tomorrow and Sunday are out for academia.

1 comment:

Laurie Ann said...

I fondled some of that Old Maiden Aunt stuff last weekend. It's heavenly.

I'm sorry you're sad, but I think you're heading in the right direction with counseling. Sometimes you just need an objective person, who isn't trying to spare your feelings, to sound off to.