14 November 2007

Pictures!

Over the weekend I got some things done, but not everything I wanted to. I did pick my pumpkin, I made squash and fish hotpot, focaccia bread, I helped Morven make the sofa bed, I knitted a whole Monkey and almost half of a second one, and the car had (and passed) its MOT. Phew! Here are some pics: I won a competition at Senora Fuerte's blog and on Monday morning a package arrived containing 4 skeins of Cascade 220, 2 really nice smelling candles (you can't get nice ones here without paying a LOT), a postcard and some chocolated in a really cute little drawstring bag, which I plan to use as a project bag when I get over my sock knitting addiction. Here is the photo: competition winnings :) I love it all and am so thankful that some people are so generous. I may just risk the dodgy christmas post and send something in return for the holidays. Here is the completed Monkey: monkey The finished Pomotamus (there are 2, just not in the same picture): pomotamus This is the hotpot type thing I made: hotpot which I had with focaccia, which doesn't really need a picture. I also made pumkin soup, and beetroot soup. The house arrives on Monday. It is touch and go as to whether the foundation will be ready. It has been frosty and a bit damp but fingers crossed it will be ok. The plan is to spend Monday moving it to the right place. Tuesday Morven has to take his mum somewhere so Wednesday the build will start and hopefully it will take 3-4 days and will have the roof on by the Sunday. We will then look at buying all the rest of the things for it, connecting the water and electricity, and then moving some stuff over there. We are planning LOTS of storage, computer desks, a small kitchen area, a sofa etc. It cannot come fast enough. I forgot how awful this house is in winter. The damp is rising and the mold is collecting on the walls around the window. Last year I cleaned it off every weekend but this year I can't be bothered. It isnt that bad at the moment, although I have a sensitive sense of smell so I know its getting there. We are going to have to move to the middle room soon, this one is at the end of the house and it just will not dry out. Tomorrow is payday - I already started my Christmas shopping and will do most of the rest of it tomorrow. I have the afternoon off work and a hair appointment booked for 1. I havent had a haircut in about 4 years so it should be good. This ending feels a little abrupt but I dont have much else to say, so bye and thanks for reading

1 comment:

Senora Fuerte said...

I'm glad you liked everything! You don't know how close I came to stealing one of those chocolates back from you and eating it myself...

So, which did you enjoy more, pomotomous or monkey? I've had both on the brain lately, but I can't seem to decide which to try...